PROCEDURE FOR CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK FROM FBIs
How to Request a Copy of Record
1. Complete Applicant Information Form.
- If for a couple, family, etc., all persons must sign Applicant Information Form
- Include your complete mailing address. Please provide telephone number and/or email address, if available.
2. Fingerprint Card
- Obtain a set of your fingerprints preferably by a qualified fingerprint expert (original card, no copies). Your name and date of birth must be provided on the fingerprint card.
- Fingerprints should be placed on a Standard Fingerprint Form (FD-258) commonly used for applicant or law enforcement purposes.
- Include rolled impressions of all ten fingerprints and impressions of all ten fingerprints taken simultaneously (these are sometimes referred to as plain or flat impressions.)
- If possible have your fingerprints taken by a fingerprinting technician (this service may be available at a Law Enforcement Agency.)
- Previously processed fingerprint cards will not be accepted.
- Include $ 18 – U.S. dollars in the form of a money order, certified check made payable to the Treasury of the United States (please be sure to sign where required), or you may pay by credit card.Note: No cash, personal checks, or business checks will be accepted.
- Must be exact amount.
- If for a couple, family, etc., include $18 for each person.
- If paying by credit card you must include the completed Credit Card Payment Form.
4. Check List
Review the FBI Identification Record Request Checklist to ensure that you have included all the information we require to process your request.
5. Mail the required items #1, #2, and #3 (listed above) to the following address:
FBI CJIS Division – Record Request
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306
Please Note: If any of the above items are missing or incomplete, the request will be returned. Additional items sent not required for processing will not be returned. Allow approximately 10 – 12 weeks for processing, upon receipt to the FBI. Time may vary according to the number of application received by FBI at a particular time.
What You Will Receive:
- No Record Response. As of 8/17/09, fingerprint cards are no longer being returned. Due to concerns related to the protection of Personally Identifiable Information, the process has been changed to return a letter which states “no FBI arrest was found”.
- FBI Identification Record. As of 7/7/09, fingerprint cards are no longer being returned with the FBI
Where can I get my fingerprints taken For FBI?
You can contact you local police station or can contact us for the same. Our Trained fingerprint expert / technician will help you in getting the fingerprints on the prescribed format.
Can I do the fingerprints on my own or do I need someone to take it for me?
Fingerprint should be preferably done by a fingerprint expert or a technician who is trained for the same.
Can I use the FD 258 fingerprint card I download from the FBI site?
Yes. The FBI will accept the downloaded paper fingerprint card only for the purpose of requesting an FBI Identification Record. If you go to a law enforcement agency or private fingerprinting agency to be fingerprinted, they may prefer to use a fingerprint card on standard card stock. Doing on a stock card has a lower chances of rejection as compared to the downloaded form.
Will my fingerprint card be returned by the Law enforcement agency?
No, fingerprint cards are not returned anymore. You will get a no record certificate on a paper if “no criminal record” is found.
Why is the fingerprinting for FBI required?
For PR, VISA, Immigration, Kuwait, UAE and Belgium Visa or work permit, Medical License or Licensed Health Care Professional, Physiotherapy License from Michigan, New York, Florida, Nebraska, Louisiana. Texas etc.
Fingerprinting services for VISA and Immigration for Police Clearance Certificate are available in following cities-
|Chennai||Patiala and all other parts of India|